Bachelorette parties are supposed to celebrate a final night of freedom as a single woman. But sometimes, those festivities go a little too far– and that includes bachelorette party games. Tacky, silly, or sex-themed party games are not for everyone, and what can start off as a night of fun can quickly dissolve into awkwardness– especially if family or sister-in-laws are present.
For anyone who thinks “clean” means “boring”, there’s good news: there are plenty of classy bachelorette party games that will still make for a memorable celebration, minus the potentially awkward moments.
Here are a few ideas to bring your bachelorette party members closer together, and kick off the night in a fun way:
Photo Scavenger Hunt
If you’re looking for game that’s interactive and helps everyone get to know each other better, a photo scavenger hunt simply can’t be beat. Not only does it get everyone up and moving, but the competitive nature of this activity will have even the most hesitant guests actively participating.
Even better? You’ll have photos at the end to remember the night with. (tip: a photobook makes for a great collective gift to the bride)
Here’s how to set it up:
- Compose a list of photos each guest will have to capture over the course of the night.
- Get everyone involved with setting it up: having everyone message an idea makes the scavenger hunt a treat for every member of the guest list, but still a surprise for the bride
- Make it personal: what does the bride-to-be like? What kind of photos would make her smile?
- Some ideas to get you started:
– a photo of someone in a white dress
– a picture giving the bartender a hug
– a photo with another member of the bridal party making a silly expression
– a photo holding something the bride loves (or hates)
- Keep the competition fierce by offering prizes at the end for the top three (or one) finisher
Dress the Bride
Sure, everyone gets to get dressed up for the wedding day–but how about going all out on the craziest ways–and the bride-to-be has no choice but to let everyone else be her stylists.
Dress the Bride offers a classy alternative to the typical lingerie themed bachelorette party games.
To goal? Get the bride-to-be dressed for her wedding day–only as over the top as crazy as you can. For a little extra fun, blindfold the bride-to-be so she has to guess what choices you’re making!
What’s nice is that this game is freeform, meaning there’s no right or wrong way to play, plus it takes little preparation. Before the party, have everyone coordinate who’s responsible for purchasing what. Everything should be inexpensive, over the top, and maybe downright ridiculous.
- Mardi gras beads, plastic tiaras, costume gloves, clip on/ stick on earrings
- High-glitter eyeshadow, crazy colored eyeliner, deep blush, bold lipsticks and liners, fake eyelashes, a cheap wig
- Costume grade veils, feathers, boas, Hawaiian leis, costume tutus or ballerina skirts, glitzy sequin or glitter tops, or even a faux wedding dress
- Anything else you dream up!
You can find affordable costume or play materials a lot of places:
- Specialty party stores
- Online retailers like ebay (great for finding a super cheap dress or skirt!)
- Vintage of thrift stores
- Each other’s closets!
But don’t stop there. After you reveal the styled look, have everyone go out–with the bride-to-be in her ridiculous outfit. Be sure to take plenty of pictures!
How well do you know the Bachelorette?
A practical, fun, and classy bachelorette party game? It may sound impossible, but it’s not. This game actually doubles as a great bridal shower game and is also the perfect ice breaker to help everyone get to know each other a little better.
The set up, and rules are simple:
- Compose a list of both serious and silly questions about the bride-to-be. (Examples: How did she meet the groom? What’s the weirdest thing she keeps in her house? If she could meet any musician, who would it be?)
- Everyone has to guess the answers (no peeking or cheating!)
- The bride-to-be gives her answers and everyone tallies up their score–the person with the most points wins.
Post it Note Memory Game
This is one of the best clean bachelorette party games for the same reason having a photo hunt is a great idea: you’ll have a keepsake for the bride after you’ve finished.
Here’s how it works:
- Hand out a post-it notes and pen to each guest
- Everyone will be asked to jot down memories they memories they have with the bride. Different possible categories include: sweet/funny/ drunken/ embarrassing/ terrifying/ profound/ bizarre
- The bride-to-be will be asked to turn her back as her guests post their notes on a wall or board. When everyone’s finished, she’ll have to read each memory aloud and guess who wrote what
A quick tip: try to write or larger or smaller, or different handwriting than usual, and spread your post-its around, so it’ll be harder for the bride-to-be to guess. If she wants, the bride-to-be can keep the post-its in a little album for her to remember her party. (They can also be moved over to the actual wedding guest book if desired).
Not only does the game work great as a final and sweet send off, but guests might learn something about each other too!
Alternative/ Off-the-Beaten Path Ideas
Of course, not everyone likes typical party games. For the more adventurous souls you still want to keep the bachelorette party games classy, there’s plenty of options. Here are just a few:
- Pottery/crafts Class
- Camping/A day at a National Park
No matter what sounds best for you and your party, they key is to communicate often and early–to make sure all of your party games go without a hitch.